If you are new to the District as a volunteer, you will be required to obtain the following certifications prior to any contact with students:
- Prospective School District Volunteers
- Act 34 - PA Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 - Federal Fingerprint Clearance OR Unpaid Volunteer Affidavit
- Act 126 - Mandated Reporting Training
- Act 151 - PA Child Abuse Clearance
In July 2015, Governor Wolf signed House Bill 1276 (now Act 15 of 2015) into law that makes several changes to Act 153, including the elimination of the fees associated with the child abuse and state criminal background checks, provided certain prerequisites are met. In addition, updated clearances will be required every 60 months, commencing August 25, 2015.